Friday, April 1, 2011

Making the Connection between Logic and Chaos

There are times when I wish I could just turn off the thinking part of my left brain and just let the right brain take over, let its full potential be realized (the right brain doesn't do too much thinking, rather it does a lot of creating and imagining). I know this for a fact because I paint and dance without too much thought. I do so much logic, reasoning, if-then analyses at work and just about everything else in my life, from going out to reading.

I'm constantly left-brain thinking when I SHOULD just be RIGHT-BRAIN-LIVING, taking risks that will reward me because of my hardwork, belief and talent, ultimately pursuing what God put me on Earth to do. To inspire, to create, to be an artist, to DANCE, to take this amazing opportunity called LIFE and maximize my seconds, my minutes, my days and my time here on Earth. :D

I recently got offered a different position in my existing group, and it would require a lot of travel. I was supposed to quit today, but my sisters are coming in June, and I need to save money--besides I think it's a good opportunity to hold out just a little longer. I'm leaning towards taking the position because I'm good at it(I'm highly recommended by leadership), and at the same time, if I'm going to quit after June, I need to save money. When I travel, everything except lunch, is on the company dime. I figure if I travel until June, then the money that I would have otherwise spent while staying in New York, would go towards my savings.

Anyhow, to get to the purpose of this post and of what I meant to write about, is that life is about connections, it's about CONNECTING whatever it is that you want to do, to everything that you encounter, from work to obligations, to art, etc. Yes, Accounting may not necessarily connect me to dancing, but I have learned a lot from my company and I appreciate the opportunity thus far. I made a diagram tonight of 15 randomly placed dots. I'm going to write down the most significant 15 things that have happened in my life thus far--that has shaped me to be the person that I am today, right this moment. My life at times can be chaotic, just like anyone else's, and even though we have so much going on, I believe that amongst the chaos, if we understand how everything is somehow connected, and apply it to where we want to be, I think you'll see you're headed in the right direction, as long as you aren't lazy or haphazardly going about your life, and not putting those connections together.

If there are experiences that you continually have over and over that aren't connecting you to where you think you need to be, then yes, again, it's not going to happen. There are many factors we have no control over, but we have choices. We can choose who we hang out with, where we're going, the freedom to find out what inspires us, and how we may inspire others. Focus on those connections that contribute to what you want to be, that contribute to your talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment