Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Celebration with Kelly Cutrone courtesy of my friend Brunson!




Yesterday I got to spend Easter with one of my best friends, Brunson and his boss, Kelly Cutrone (People's Revolution). I've always respected her and have been a fan of her since The Hills, and more recently, The City (I haven't had a TV for two years now, so I haven't watched her new show "Kell on Earth." I like her rawness, realness, and her attitude. I never thought she was a bitch, she just says it like it is, and that's what I love about her. Everyone else on those shows had no personality whatsoever.

Anyhow, I'm so thankful Brunson invited me to join him at her Easter dinner--he could've easily chose anyone else to come with him (he has a lot of friends). We got to Kelly's place at about 3:30pm to help in advance of the dinner. I was all decked out (as per usual) wearing a white dress, my crazy skull jewelry and the shoulder pads I designed earlier this past weekend with a fancy hair piece, colourful eye make-up and sparkles on my face. As soon as she saw me, she remembered that I was the girl she saw dancing on the sidewalk 3 years ago in the Lower East Side. I knew she'd remember me, because about 2 years ago when she saw me outside of the tents at Bryant Park during Fashion Week, she asked me if I was still dancing, to which I responded "yes." It was nice to see her again and to be a guest, as well as a helper, at her party. She immediately put me and Brunson to work, which I didn't mind at all, I always like to help out where I can. At times she would make remarks at me, to which I didn't take offense, it was a part of my "initiation" she said. One comment was "don't break my wine glass with your jewelry" (mocking my dangerous jewelry ;p) and another was when she stuck her middle finger at me saying "fuck you, everyone likes you."

Overall, I had a really good time talking to different people, watching the girls dance and sing, eat amazing food, talk to her mom and help set-up/decorate, and have an Easter celebration like I've never had before.

Highlights of the evening:

•Met Tony Bennett

•Met her daughter Ava and her mom Beverly. Her mom is super sweet, funny and cute!

•Amazing dinner and dessert

•An advance copy of her second book, "Normal Will Get You Nowhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment